Updated: January 29th, 2014
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. We collect limited information when you browse the site
When you visit the Site we collect log data, for example: the type of browser and operating system you are using, the address of the external or internal page that referred you, your IP address and pages on the site that you visit in association with your IP address. This information is recorded even if you do not have a registered ThrasherMagazine.com account, or even when you are logged out of your account. We mostly use this information to diagnose issues with the site.
2. We Collect Information Using Cookies
3. We Collect Information When You Sign Up For The ThrasherMagazine.com Email Blast
4. We Collect Information When You Communicate With Us Directly
If you email us or send other communications to us directly, we will retain your email or address and correspondence so that we may respond to your request. We retain this information indefinitely so that we have a history of our past communications.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
It is our policy not to share or sell your personally identifiable information with any third party. We may, however, share information under the following circumstances:
1. If we receive your informed consent;
2. If it is necessary for a third party provider to perform tasks on our behalf (as described in this policy);
3. If we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. If we are going to release your information, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance, if we have a means to contact you, unless we are prohibited by court order from doing so.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
It should go without saying, but we'll say it anyway: this website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, unless we have specified them in this document.
We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information that we collect on our site. However, the Internet is not a vault and data can be lost.
High Speed Productions, Inc. is a San Francisco, California-based company whose servers are housed in the USA. All personal information we collect from our international users is processed according to US law.
We have kids. We love kids. Really we do. But the United States government has put limits on our ability to accept users under a certain age through the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. So to be clear, ThrasherMagazine.com is not intended for users under the age of 13. Nobody under 13 may create an account or use any part of the Site that requires the submission of personally identifiable information, like email or name. Any account that is created by a person under 13 will be terminated and any content created will be removed from the Site.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We use a lot of cookies on this site. Online publishing is primarily supported by advertising and so is ThrasherMagazine.com. Until there’s a better way, we’re stuck with cookies, all of us. What we can do, however, is inform you about the cookies that we use and how you can opt-out from using them, if you choose. Just remember, cookies power the advertising and the advertising pays for the Site.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that websites store in your hard drive. They create a unique id that is associated with your browser. We use first-party cookies for analytics, which tell us about user activity on our site. We use third-party cookies to collect information about your habits across multiple sites and to provide advertising that is targeted to your interests. Our third-party advertising partners also use third-party cookies. More information about each is provided below.
Analytics, Advertising, & Social Media Cookies
As always, no personally identifiable information will be collected.
1. Google Analytics
2. Google Ad Products
3. Social Media Widgets
We display sharing buttons so you can use social networking to share items from our site.
More Advertising Disclosures
Just so we are clear about how we use advertising on the site, below are some of the most common kinds of sponsorships on ThrasherMagazine.com:
1. Sponsored sections, themes, or categories: An advertising partner sometimes sponsors a category, section, or series of posts within a particular theme. Of course, the sponsor won't have any editorial input, guidance, or approval, of the content of our posts.
2. Sponsored videos: An advertising partner sponsors a series of videos on a particular theme or over a given time period. That sponsorship may include interstitial or embedded ads within the video and/or branding of the video player. Sponsors have no control over the editorial content.
3. Contests: A marketer may sponsor a contest on the site. We hope you win!
4. Traditional banner ads: We have strict guidelines on the banner advertisements that we accept. Animated ads can't be longer than 30 seconds. Audio must be user-initiated. And of course, no pop-ups or pop-unders. Unfortunately, ads that break those rules sometimes do slip through our automated system. So if you see a banner ad that violates this policy, please let us know by emailing our ad department and we'll investigate.
12/09/2016The man with the magic feet sits down to pour through the January 2017 issue. Spoiler alert—it’s heavy from start to finish!
12/09/2016Descendents were the background music to so many sessions and they contributed to the soundtracks of some of the most-watched skate videos of all times. Thankfully, they’re still cranking out the tunes with a brand-new album. We caught up with their front man, Milo, to see what makes them tick year after year.
12/09/2016We bronzed Ernie Torres and sent him off to deliver the ultimate surprise. Congratulations, Kyle Walker! From Real’s “Surveillance” vids to Holy Stokes to the recent Vans part, K-Walks put it down like a champ all year!
12/09/2016With speedy lines, an artsy approach and enough slappies and wallrides to satisfy the saltiest street aficionado, The Öctagon crew makes Euro skating look fun as hell. Early grab crooked grind a handrail? Oh la vache!
12/09/2016Mango's "Dr. Scarecrow" part, Powell's waterproof and unbreakable boards, Jake Johnson footy and more in today's episode of Skateline.
12/09/2016A Heavy crew touched down in Athens, consisting of Phelps, Pfanner, Daan, Partaix, Doobie, Davey, Guammaz and Paco. Ditches, pipes and street shrapnel got dismantled and plenty of Ouzo flowed. Greece rules. Cheers!
12/09/2016Two of the most influential skaters of all time started a new board brand this week. We caught up with Guy and Eric to talk Da Vinci Code, too much hugging and the surprising source of their company's name.
12/09/2016Nothing in life comes easy, especially riding a skateboard. Tyshawn, Kev, Nak, and the Hardies team go to war in the streets.
12/09/2016From Peace Park in Montreal to the back streets of NYC, the Alltimers get dirty in the Concrete Jungle.
12/09/2016Plazas, alleys and endless nooks and crannies make Paris one of the greatest playgrounds on Planet Earth. Magenta pays homage to the French capitol.