Updated: January 29th, 2014
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. We collect limited information when you browse the site
When you visit the Site we collect log data, for example: the type of browser and operating system you are using, the address of the external or internal page that referred you, your IP address and pages on the site that you visit in association with your IP address. This information is recorded even if you do not have a registered ThrasherMagazine.com account, or even when you are logged out of your account. We mostly use this information to diagnose issues with the site.
2. We Collect Information Using Cookies
3. We Collect Information When You Sign Up For The ThrasherMagazine.com Email Blast
4. We Collect Information When You Communicate With Us Directly
If you email us or send other communications to us directly, we will retain your email or address and correspondence so that we may respond to your request. We retain this information indefinitely so that we have a history of our past communications.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
It is our policy not to share or sell your personally identifiable information with any third party. We may, however, share information under the following circumstances:
1. If we receive your informed consent;
2. If it is necessary for a third party provider to perform tasks on our behalf (as described in this policy);
3. If we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. If we are going to release your information, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance, if we have a means to contact you, unless we are prohibited by court order from doing so.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
It should go without saying, but we'll say it anyway: this website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, unless we have specified them in this document.
We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information that we collect on our site. However, the Internet is not a vault and data can be lost.
High Speed Productions, Inc. is a San Francisco, California-based company whose servers are housed in the USA. All personal information we collect from our international users is processed according to US law.
We have kids. We love kids. Really we do. But the United States government has put limits on our ability to accept users under a certain age through the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. So to be clear, ThrasherMagazine.com is not intended for users under the age of 13. Nobody under 13 may create an account or use any part of the Site that requires the submission of personally identifiable information, like email or name. Any account that is created by a person under 13 will be terminated and any content created will be removed from the Site.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We use a lot of cookies on this site. Online publishing is primarily supported by advertising and so is ThrasherMagazine.com. Until there’s a better way, we’re stuck with cookies, all of us. What we can do, however, is inform you about the cookies that we use and how you can opt-out from using them, if you choose. Just remember, cookies power the advertising and the advertising pays for the Site.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that websites store in your hard drive. They create a unique id that is associated with your browser. We use first-party cookies for analytics, which tell us about user activity on our site. We use third-party cookies to collect information about your habits across multiple sites and to provide advertising that is targeted to your interests. Our third-party advertising partners also use third-party cookies. More information about each is provided below.
Analytics, Advertising, & Social Media Cookies
As always, no personally identifiable information will be collected.
1. Google Analytics
2. Google Ad Products
3. Social Media Widgets
We display sharing buttons so you can use social networking to share items from our site.
More Advertising Disclosures
Just so we are clear about how we use advertising on the site, below are some of the most common kinds of sponsorships on ThrasherMagazine.com:
1. Sponsored sections, themes, or categories: An advertising partner sometimes sponsors a category, section, or series of posts within a particular theme. Of course, the sponsor won't have any editorial input, guidance, or approval, of the content of our posts.
2. Sponsored videos: An advertising partner sponsors a series of videos on a particular theme or over a given time period. That sponsorship may include interstitial or embedded ads within the video and/or branding of the video player. Sponsors have no control over the editorial content.
3. Contests: A marketer may sponsor a contest on the site. We hope you win!
4. Traditional banner ads: We have strict guidelines on the banner advertisements that we accept. Animated ads can't be longer than 30 seconds. Audio must be user-initiated. And of course, no pop-ups or pop-unders. Unfortunately, ads that break those rules sometimes do slip through our automated system. So if you see a banner ad that violates this policy, please let us know by emailing our ad department and we'll investigate.
12/13/2017Ty Evans has made some serious videos in his career, but nothing gets him pumped up quite like Atiba’s infamous part in Chomp On This.
12/13/2017Preston is an underground skate god, traversing crusty back alleys in neighborhoods you’ll never skate. We’re stoked to bring you another one his killer video parts. Enjoy...
12/13/2017Along with Kader and Zach, Victor is part of the Emerican trio that has us feeling really good about the future of boarding. Not only comfortable on the hefty terrain, he looks proper doing it. The back Smith ender is so insanely psychotic.
12/13/2017Warning! Aggressive, messy and chaotic! Larbfest celebrates the bands that provide the soundtrack to our skateboarding. Having a session before the gig is a standard ritual, but this time we turned it into a little mission from Minneapolis to Milwaukee, harvesting parks and spots in between gigs. Turn it up and check it out! —Hitz
12/13/2017Ol’ Saint Neck and the Baker Boys family held their annual Christmas demo at the Garvanza Park over the weekend.
12/13/2017Friday night was the premiere of The Flat Earth, Ty Evan’s latest cinematic masterpiece. Check out some photos here.
12/13/2017Foy, Pulizzi, Iqui, Webb, Lockwood and filmmaker Ty Evans discuss the ins and outs of one of this year’s most-anticipated videos.
12/13/2017This is pure cinematic gold. Welcome to the team, kid.
12/13/2017The whole vid was HEAVY, so scoring the curtains means going above and beyond. Atiba talks with Victor Aceves about how putting down the bad habits made filming for his Young Emericans part a breeze.
12/13/2017What’s better than Big Boy Foy? How about 15 Big Boy Foys?! The homies and the Phelper give our new SOTY the surprise of a lifetime. Congrats, Jamie!