WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. We collect limited information when you browse the site
When you visit the Site we allow Google Analytics to collect some anonymized data, for example: the type of browser and operating system you are using, the address of the external or internal page that referred you, and pages on the site that you visit. This information is recorded even if you do not have a registered ThrasherMagazine.com account, or even when you are logged out of your account. We mostly use this information to diagnose issues with the site.
2. Google Analytics/Google Ad Manager Collects Information Using Cookies
Advertising pays our bills so we use some cookies. You should know how cookies work. You should support cookie reform efforts if you choose.
3. We Collect Information When You Sign Up For The ThrasherMagazine.com Email Blast
4. We Collect Information When You Communicate With Us Directly
If you email us or send other communications to us directly, we will retain your email or address and correspondence so that we may respond to your request. We retain this information indefinitely, or until you request its removal, so that we have a history of our past communications.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?It is our policy not to share or sell your personally identifiable information with any third party. We may, however, share information under the following circumstances:
1. If we receive your informed consent;
2. If it is necessary for a third party provider to perform tasks on our behalf (as described in this policy);
3. If we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. If we are going to release your information, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance, if we have a means to contact you, unless we are prohibited by court order from doing so.
LINKS TO OTHER SITESIt should go without saying, but we'll say it anyway: this website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, unless we have specified them in this document.
DATA SECURITY We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information that we collect on our site. However, the Internet is not a vault and data can be lost.
INTERNATIONAL VISITORS High Speed Productions, Inc. is a San Francisco, California-based company whose servers are housed in the USA. All personal information we collect from our international users is processed according to US law.
RATED PG-13 We have kids. We love kids. Really we do. But the United States government has put limits on our ability to accept users under a certain age through the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. So to be clear, ThrasherMagazine.com is not intended for users under the age of 13. Nobody under 13 may create an account or use any part of the Site that requires the submission of personally identifiable information, like email or name. Any account that is created by a person under 13 will be terminated and any content created will be removed from the Site.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that websites store in your hard drive. They create a unique id that is associated with your browser. We use first-party cookies for analytics, which tell us about user activity on our site. We use third-party cookies to collect information about your habits across multiple sites and to provide advertising that is targeted to your interests. Our third-party advertising partners also use third-party cookies. More information about each is provided below.
Analytics, Advertising, & Social Media Cookies
As always, no personally identifiable information will be collected.
- Google Analytics
- Google Ad Products
- Social Media Widgets
We display sharing buttons so you can use social networking to share items from our site.
More Advertising Disclosures Just so we are clear about how we use advertising on the site, below are some of the most common kinds of sponsorships on ThrasherMagazine.com:
1. Sponsored sections, themes, or categories: An advertising partner sometimes sponsors a category, section, or series of posts within a particular theme. Of course, the sponsor won't have any editorial input, guidance, or approval, of the content of our posts.
2. Sponsored videos: An advertising partner sponsors a series of videos on a particular theme or over a given time period. That sponsorship may include interstitial or embedded ads within the video and/or branding of the video player. Sponsors have no control over the editorial content.
3. Contests: A marketer may sponsor a contest on the site. We hope you win!
4. Traditional banner ads: We have strict guidelines on the banner advertisements that we accept. Animated ads can't be longer than 30 seconds. Audio must be user-initiated. And of course, no pop-ups or pop-unders. Unfortunately, ads that break those rules sometimes do slip through our automated system. So if you see a banner ad that violates this policy, please let us know by emailing our ad department and we'll investigate.
GDPR NOTICE We do not use any collect or use any personal information for marketing purposes, unless you opt-in to our newsletter, in which case we only use for that explicit purpose. We do not provide your data to any third parties other then to fulfill orders (made in our online shops). If at any time you wish to view your data, or have your data removed from our sites and all third party services we utilize, please send a request to [email protected] with the proper information (https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/documents/2014223/subject-access-code-of-practice.pdf) and we will process your request. We do not believe in practices such as retargeting, remarketing, or any other service with uses your information without your consent.
6/23/2018Taylor digs deep, cleverly picking apart lines at the Williamsburg Monument in BK with style and ingenuity.
6/23/2018Suga Free, 4-Tay, Mac Dre, and Winkowski? It doesn’t get more legendary! This part is the perfect piece of Friday stoke.
6/23/2018Erick Winkowski's part, Christian Maalouf drinking game, new Gillette footage and more in today's episode of Skateline.
6/23/2018The REAL Team continues their Actions REALized Tour, pulling up to Clemente DIY in Grand Rapids for the Josh Higginson Memorial Skate Jam. Josh co-founded Premier Skateshop in 2001 and was an integral part of the Grand Rapids skate scene. His influence will live on for a long time to come.
6/23/2018Another hittin’ full-length from the camera of Grayson Miller and the Widdip crew. Big ups, ATL!
6/23/2018We caught up with Integrity founder/vocalist Dwid Hellion at his home in Belgium shortly after returning home from this year’s Death Match in Texas.
6/23/2018You can’t touch Hubbard’s style. He was one of the most unique individuals in skateboarding. A true artist. Most of his moves he made up and named himself. This vid is just a mere peek into the depths of his creativity. We truly lost one of the biggest visionaries of our time and we are forever in his debt. Pick up a shovel and get to work for Hubs. –Sam Hitz
6/23/2018Big snaps, beautiful style, and a kickflip to die for, Christian exemplifies everything epic about the pure expression of skateboarding. Welcome to the pro ranks.
6/23/2018The REAL Team kicked off their Actions REALized Tour at Uprise Skateshop in Chicago with a packed house premiere of the new Out of Sight series and a 20 Fucking Years Uprise board-release party.
6/23/2018To celebrate the release of Figgy’s new Emerica shoe, the Dose, the whole team was invited over to Collin Provost’s backyard to hang out and session his concrete skatepark.